Whitney F. – BSN, RN-BC
Where Does Whitney Teach?
Whitney teaches American Heart Association courses throughout Louisville, Indiana and Cincinnati.
- Registered Nurse Jun 2009 to present
Norton Healthcare- Suburban 4B
- Surgical Nurse Dec 2009 to present (PRN)
Oral and Facial Surgery
- Pharmacy Technician Jan 2008 to May 2009
- Nursing Assistant Sep 2007 to Dec 2007
Student Wellness Center
- Counselor, Special Needs Counselor, Health and Physical Education Instructor, and Sports Instructor Sep 2003 to Dec 2007
YMCA (Louisville and Scott County)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing May 2009
Bellarmine University, Louisville, KY
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology Dec 2007
Georgetown College, Georgetown, KY
- Philanthropy, Community Service, and Song Chair Jan 2005 to Dec 2007
Phi Mu Sorority
- Lansing Scholar, Sigma Theta Tau honors member
- National, Georgetown College, and Bellarmine University Dean’s list
- Harper Gatton Leadership Medallion, Women Leading Kentucky Scholarship recipient
- Nurse Excellence Award (Multiple Months)
Licensure & Certification
• CPR- BLS certification
• ACLS certification
• NIH stroke certified
• John Maxwell Leadership Conference
• Critical care course certification
• Preceptor training course
Whitney has developed a solid background in the acute care setting as a nurse. She has experience in performing CPR and ACLS protocol and enjoys educating those around her. She worked collaboratively with physicians, care managers, social workers, and other staff members to develop and adapt patient’s plan of care during their hospital stay. She also served as a competency evaluator, student preceptor, and orientated many new employees over the past few years. Her service on the skin team has also given her the opportunity to educate and evaluate staff on the best practices of skin assessments, protocols, and proper documentation. Whitney’s goals are to expand her knowledge of nursing and educate others within the medical field.
Whitney’s interpersonal skills result in outstanding rapport with others. From work and school experience, She has well developed abilities in leadership, organization, planning, time management, and problem solving skills. She is a fast and proficient learner. She is computer proficient, multi-task oriented, and adapt easily to challenging situations.