AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
The American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. BLS for healthcare providers is one of the most popular AHA courses taught across the country, as often healthcare providers such as EMTs, paramedics, ER physicians, and other healthcare providers are REQUIRED to have valid, up-to-date BLS certification.
If your hospital, clinic, or agency is in need of group BLS for healthcare provider training that is taught by similarly-qualified healthcare providers, contact us today!
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings. The is the right course for EMTs, paramedics, doctors, nurses, dentists, and other healthcare providers
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway*
* This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
Initial Provider Course requires approximately 4.5 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing.
Renewal Course requires approximately 4 hours, including skills practice and skills testing. Annuvia can help provide your organization with the AHA’s “traditional” learning BLS courses or we can supplement new e-learning solutions. Contact us to learn more.
*course time based on 1 instructor: 6 student: 2 manikins
- Video based course ensures consistency
- Instructor led, hands on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Student manual comes with new Pocket Reference Card, designed to provide quick emergency information to the rescuer at any time.
- Updated Science based content
American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers Course Completion Card is valid for two years.
In the classroom, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.