Anchorage Lead Instructor
Andrew S. – EMT III/Field Training Officer
Where Does Andrew Teach?
Andrew teaches American Heart Association courses throughout Anchorage, Alaska.
- EMT III/Field Training Officer May 2012-Present
LifeMed Alaska, Anchorage, Alaska
- EMT/BLS Course Instructor Jan 2008-Present
Team One Alaska, Anchorage, Alaska
- Telemetry Technician/AHA BLS Instructor Jan 2011-Jan 2013
St. Elias Specialty Hospital, Anchorage, Alaska
- EMT III Apr 2010-Apr 2011
Fairweather, LLC, Remote, Alaska
- EMT/Passenger Assistance Technician Mar 2006-Sep 2008
TransCare Medical Services, Anchorage, Alaska
- University of Alaska Fairbanks Tanana Valley Campus, Fairbanks, Alaska – Emergency Medical Technician Certificate, One Year College (Aug 2007 – May 2008)
- Family Partnership Charter School, Anchorage, Alaska – High School Diploma (Sep 2002 – May 2006)
Licensure & Certification
University of Alaska’s Emergency Medical Technician I, II, and III; AHA CPR/BLS Instructor; ACLS; PALS; Firefighter I; HazMat Operations; Ice Rescue Technician
Andrew has been employed in the medical field since March of 2006. As a dedicated employee, he has strong communication and organization skills that allow him to react actively and calmly in emergency situations. He has a wide variety of skills which include, both ALS and BLS instruction, providing emergency care and transporting patients in an inter facility, 911, remotely, and sports standby settings, 12 Lead EKG Interpretation, coordinating appointments and scheduling transportation for medical patients, and management experience at a local ambulance firm in Anchorage.
He also has an eagerness and willingness to learn new skills and techniques that will enhance professional career. He has also attended 12 Lead EKG Interpretation and Basic Arrhythmia Recognition courses.